Kim Jones: “I have both OneDrive and Google Drive accounts. I use Google Drive for my personal use and OneDrive for professional use. The problem is I can use only one account at a time but, I would like to view my all files and documents under a single account. Hence, I want to transfer my Google Drive data to OneDrive. Is it possible to perform Google Drive to OneDrive migration? If yes, then please suggest me any efficient tool. I cannot take the risk of data loss. Thanks in advance.”
Does the query seem familiar to you? Are you also looking for the answer to the same question? If yes then, do not worry. The solution of the problem is not difficult as it looks like. You will find all your answers until the end of the post. So, keep reading.
With the upcoming of new technologies, there are many options available for the cloud storage. Out of them, the 2 well-known names are Google Drive and OneDrive. As the times passes away, the needs of the users also increase. In this situation, people look for a solution to move from Google Drive to OneDrive. OneDrive is much convenient, powerful and faster technology.
Explanation Why a User Wants to Switch from G Drive to OneDrive
Some of the reasons due to which any user wants to migrate from G drive to OneDrive are listed as follows:
- It is a cost-effective and smarter choice to store the data files.
- OneDrive offers the same functionality as Google Drive. Moreover, some advanced features are also included.
- OneDrive works on advanced technology and it provides better support.
- It is simple to use, user-friendly and anyone can use it in their personal systems, laptops, etc.
Methods to Perform Google Drive to OneDrive Migration
There are different methods to transfer files from G Drive to OneDrive. Some of the approaches used to move the files from one cloud storage device to another are:
Manual Solution 1: Upload Google Drive Files from Local Drives
A user has to follow the given set of instructions to migrate data from Google drive to OneDrive for business:
- Log into the Google Drive account.
- Select the files that are to be transferred to OneDrive account.
- Hit on the download button to save these files to the local folder.
- Then, log in to the OneDrive account and upload the document and files from local drive to copy files from Google Drive to OneDrive.
Manual Solution 2: Using Google Takeout
To migrate files and documents from Google Drive account to Office 365 OneDrive, a user has to through the below-mentioned steps:
- Sign in to the Google account.
- Navigate to Personal Information & Security and then click on Create Archive.
- Choose the data items to be present in the archive from the list of Google products to continue with the process of Google Drive to OneDrive migration.
- Press on Next and select the option of file type & Maximum Archive Size.
- Click on the option Add to OneDrive and then select Link Account & Create Archive.
- A Microsoft page will appear on the screen. Enter the OneDrive credentials.
- Files will start transferring and it will take some time to complete.
- Login to the OneDrive account.
- To extract the files, download zip files.
Drawbacks of the Manual Technique
Some of the limitations associated with the workaround approach to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive are:
- The manual method demands a smooth and uninterrupted internet connection
- The process is very lengthy and it consumes a lot of time.
- If the migration process is stopped in between, it cannot be resumed from the point where it was left.
- It requires technical knowledge to perform Google Drive to OneDrive migration via manual approach.
- If the user makes any mistake, there is a high risk of data loss.
To overcome all these disadvantages, an alternative solution is also proposed in the next section.
The Professional Tool to Move Google Drive Files to OneDrive
This can be done with the help of SysTools G Drive to OneDrive Migrator. According to the experts, it is the best solution to migrate data from Google Drive to OneDrive for business. It yields accurate results in a very short span of time. This also allows the user to transfer the data from password protected G Drive files.
The Bottom Line
No doubt, G Drive provided many features to its users. But, there is another cloud storage device in competition. OneDrive offers the same features as exhibited by G Drive and equips the user with some additional services also. Hence, a user wants to shift from G Drive to OneDrive. The write-up explains the best possible solutions to carry out Google Drive to OneDrive migration. Together with the workaround solutions, an automated tool is also briefly described.