What is it?
- World Wide Web content that is not part of the Surface Web and is indexed by search engines.
- Most content that is not readily accessible using standard means (i.e. search engines).
- For example, web pages regarding private user accounts are in the deep web (Private Info).
- The Deep Web is the majority of online content, estimated to be 400-550 times larger than the surface web.
Surface Web vs. Deep Web
- Entries are statically generated
- Linked Content (web crawled)
- Readily accessible through any browser or search engine unlike the Deep Web, which requires special search engines, browsers, and proxies to access.
- Entries are dynamically generated (submitted to a query or accessed via form).
- Unlinked Content
- Contextual Web
- Private Web
- Scripted Content
- Non-HTML content
- Limited Access Content (anti-robot protocols like CAPTCHA)
The Deep Web
- Requires a proxy or two (namely Tor) to access.
- Contains most of the archived web pages of the 1990s Web that did not renew their domain names and such.
- Government/Business/Collegiate Research.
- Hackers/Script Kiddies/Virus Information.
- Illegal and Obscene Content (CP, Gore, Suicides, etc.)
How to Access Safely
- Vertical and Split Searching
- Proxies (namely Tor) and AV programs.
- Turn off ALL plug ins before accessing (especially the shady parts).
- If your computer has a webcam, remove or obstruct it.
- Stay away from anything that looks remotely criminal or suggestive.
- Use a safe, private network connection (DO NOT USE THE IUP WIFI)
-” The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.” – www.torproject.org
-Tor is a network that supports onion routing; a way to help make your traffic anonymous. Because the Deep Web is compromised of information that doesn’t show up on search engines, or has no domain name registry, you must know exactly where you are going to get there.
Currency of the Deep Web
–an electronic cash system using peer-to-peer networking, digital signatures and cryptographic proof to enable irreversible payments between parties without relying on trust. Payments are issued and transferred by the Bitcoin network.
-Participants begin using Bitcoin by first acquiring a Bitcoin wallet and one or more Bitcoin addresses. Bitcoin addresses are used for receiving Bitcoins, similar to how e-mail addresses are used for receiving e-mail.
-In April 2012, 1 BTC traded at around $4.80. Taking into account the total number of Bitcoins in circulation, the market capitalization of the Bitcoin network stands at over 40 million USD
What Is Use of Dark-Web
- Hire Hitman: Dark web use as contract-killer site
- To Buy Drugs Online From Darknet Markets
- Buy drugs online dark web